Part of my July bucket list was to bake a treat and these yummies are what I made. These are a great little treat for someone if you wrap them up in a sweet gift box. Mind you, it is difficult to make them last that long! Mine didn't.
1 x 400g can of condensed skimmed milk
350g 70% dark chocolate, chopped
40g salted butter
pinch sea salt
100g shelled and skinned pistachio nuts
icing sugar (to decorate)
- Break the nuts in a bag with a rolling pin.
- Put the chocolate, condensed milk, butter and salt in a thick-based saucepan. Stir everything together with a wooden spoon until melted.
- Stir in the broken nuts.
- Pour into a foil tray about 23cm (9") square and smooth down with a flexible spatula.
- Leave in the fridge for 4 to 5 hours until set.
- Remove from the tray onto a chopping board. Chop into pieces about 3cm (just over an inch) square, using a sharp knife for a clean cut.
- Dust with a little icing sugar and serve with a cup of tea.
I found this recipe in La Dolce Diet by Gino D'Acampo. So, they are even a healthier treat. Does that mean you can eat more??